How do you report online CSAE?

When it is identified, Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation should be reported to your local Police to enable effective safeguarding of potential victims and investigation of suspected criminal activity.

When to report

If your organisation is based in the UK, examples of when you should make a report of suspected online CSAE offences are if you:

  • have identified suspected grooming behaviour,
  • have identified suspected coercion or blackmail involving children,
  • have identified indecent images of children (photos or videos) created, stored and/or shared using your services, or
  • have grounds to be concerned about the safety of a child from crime or serious harm (including self-harm or suicide).

How to make a report

To make a report about suspected child abuse material or suspicious sexual contact between an adult and a child, UK companies should contact their local police force and provide full details of the incident.

Contact information can be found at or by calling 101.

Please note: Companies should not send indecent images of children as part of their referral to police.

If you have immediate concerns about the safety of a child you should always call 999. 

For organisations based outside of the United Kingdom

Please report suspected online CSEA offending on your platform to your local police or via existing reporting mechanisms in place in your country. 

How to report indecent images of children (IIOC) for removal across multiple platforms?

If you suspect that IIOC present on your platform has been shared on other online platforms you can report it to the IWF who will assess the image for inclusion on their hash list of known IIOC.

Information on when and how to report to the IWF can be found here

No endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinion, information, products or services is expressed or implied by any information on the site or by any hyperlinks to or from any third party websites or pages. Sites linked from this website are present only because they may contain helpful supplements to the information published on this site. 

Need someone to talk to?

If you’re not ready to make a report, or want to speak to a professional right now, you can call the NSPCC helpline at any time.

Visit NSPCC helpline